Pagina onder constructie.
De IMMAF is Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) wereld bond.
IMMAF is focused on developing MMA as an international sport, from the recreational level to the elite, driving the development of common sets of rules, safety regulations, structure, progression pathways and mutual exchange.
MMA is no different to other sports
For its positive growth, there is a need to support the grass roots movement of recreational athletics, alongside the creation of opportunities for a world class, amateur sports movement.
IMMAF is focused on gaining worldwide recognition for the sport of MMA. Official recognition is needed on every level – regional, national and global – to enable safeguarding, minimise risk and to increase opportunities and benefits for the sport’s participants.
Through our support we hope to see an increasing number of national federations achieve government and National Olympic Committee recognition, as well as support from their other significant sports organisations. Informal recognition is also important and the IMMAF works continually to improve the image of amateur and recreational MMA in the eyes of the general public, sports fans, journalists, politicians and businesses alike.
Organizing national federations
IMMAF provides a structured community for its member national federations. It provides rules, regulations and governance, structured progression pathways, educational systems and licensing, which are developed democratically through IMMAF elected board, expert committees and member platforms (e.g. General Assemblies, Technical Seminars and other forums).
In countries in which there are no existing national MMA federations, IMMAF supports those who are able and dedicated to form such a federation.
Enabling international competition
IMMAF organises elite amateur nations tournaments all over the world, through its flagship World and Continental Championships for Seniors, Juniors and Youths from the ages of 12 years upwards.
IMMAF Championships bring together National Teams from member federations all over the world, creating a hub and platform for ongoing sport development.
Our vision is for Mixed Martial Arts to be recognised as a sport and ultimately become an Olympic sport.
Becoming an Olympic sport is the ultimate achievement and highest formal recognition possible for any sport. Recognition is even more critical for the safeguarding of MMA’s participants worldwide. The challenges for MMA are great, but so are the opportunities, and the sport should have no lesser ambition.
We take our purpose and vision seriously and pledge to safeguard the trust invested in us by our national federations, as well as that of all other stakeholders of the sport. We endeavour to earn this trust through our actions and by clearly communicating what the IMMAF brand stands for. Our promise is to at all times deliver upon being Open, Dependable and Progressive.
- IMMAF is a democratic organisation based on the foundation of open, honest and collaborative practices. This applies to everything from elections and governance to everyday tasks and discourse.
- IMMAF is a non-profit organisation driven by the purpose of developing MMA as a sport, not the demands of return on investment. Our books are open for anyone to see.
- IMMAF is a stable organisation that provides structure for the growth of international MMA.
- IMMAF is a skilled organisation with knowledgeable representatives that always act in a professional manner.
- IMMAF is an autonomous organisation that can be trusted to act only in the best interests of the sport of MMA.
- IMMAF is a modern organisation committed to developing MMA as an international sport, from the recreational to elite level, supporting the establishment of regulation and best practice.
- IMMAF is a dedicated organisation with the ability to engage MMA stakeholders around the world.
- IMMAF is a driven organisation with the vision necessary to bring MMA into the future.